Marbled Cream Cheese Brownies
When you want to dress up a box of brownie mix, here is your recipe. After pouring the brownie batter into the pan, you swirl in a “goo” made of cream cheese and a few pantry staples. What you get after baking is this magical cross between brownie and cheesecake, the best of both worlds, something to please everyone. And they freeze well, too!
- 1 package (15 ounces) Cake Mix Doctor Bebe's Brownie mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together the brownie mix, melted butter and eggs in a large bowl until well combined, about 50 strokes with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl, and blend with an electric mixer on low until smooth, 1 minute. Dollop this cream cheese batter by the spoonful over the brownie batter, and swirl with a fork to combine the two batters in a marbled pattern. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the brownies until they are just firm to the touch in the center, about 38 to 42 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before slicing. For easiest slicing, chill first.