Easy Sugar Cookies
One of the oldest tricks in book is to make cookies using a cake mix. And because the Cake Mix Doctor mix contains natural ingredients, it naturally makes a better tasting cookie. Here’s how: You combine the yellow mix with an egg, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Measure 1-inch balls of the batter onto a baking sheet, press flat with the bottom of a glass, decorate, and bake. It’s that easy. Just a few ingredients and no rolling the dough.
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) Cake Mix Doctor Simply Yellow mix
- 12 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- Granulated sugar or colored sugars for decorating
- Place the mix, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined, 30 seconds. Increase the mixer to medium and beat until the batter is smooth and stiff, about 1 minute. Remove the beaters, and place the bowl in the fridge to chill.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Scoop or spoon 1-inch rounds of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Dip the bottom of a small flat glass into flour, and press gently but firmly the glass onto the rounds of dough until they are about ⅓-inch thick.
- Brush the rounds with a little egg white, and sprinkle on granulated or color sugars. Place the pans in the oven. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven, and remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool. When cool, store in a closed metal tin.